Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Getting Back to Life!


A knee replacement provides a person an unusual, lengthy journey in the recovery realm. After several weeks of painful “home” therapy, I then began 24 sessions of therapy @ THERAPY1ONE, divided into three times weekly. I came in using and being very dependent on a walking cane. Being in severe pain, the exercises I was given began on an easy, slow regiment. As I was able, the exercises increased in type and increased in the number of repetitions. All my many questions were answered thoroughly and patiently. Within a few weeks, I was able to confidently walk without use of a cane. My pain on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being severe), gradually decreased from a 9 or 10 to a 2 or 3 by the time I ended the 24th session. Kept busy and from one exercise to another, the hour-long therapy session seems to fly by. I am home now, but continuing to utilize so many of the exercises I learned to use while in physical therapy at THERAPY1ONE. I know and understand it will be a life-long part of my daily living, but I will always be thankful to the wonderful staff at THERAPY1ONE for the care, kindness, and expertise they provide to me.

Monica J.   Lynn Haven