Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Meet our Physical Therapist-Susie

Susie Garcia, P.T.


I currently work at our facility located on Jenks Avenue as a physical therapist, and have had the pleasure of being a part of the treating staff at Therapy One since June 2010. Prior to moving to Panama City Beach, I lived in Miami Florida where I graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in 2004 from Florida International University and went on to receive my Masters degree in Physical Therapy three years later.
Most of my professional experience involves working with Orthopedic and Geriatric patients in various settings, but I love any opportunity to expand my expertise treating Neurological patients as well. I grew up knowing I would choose a career path that would help people, but it was not until sustaining a knee injury during a high school soccer game that I realized how physical therapists can positively affect society‘s physical health. Every day I strive to provide the best care and up to date knowledge to our patients in order to speed their recovery, encourage better lifestyle choices, and return them to their prior level of function. My hope is that past, current, and future patients continue to improve their overall quality of life after their rehabilitation experience is over.