Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Meet our Therapist-Laura





Laura M. Smith, P.T.A.

I grew up in Michigan where I attended my first year of college at Washinaw Community College.  In 1992, I moved to Panama City where I met my wonderful husband, we now have two beautiful little girls.
 I graduated in 2001 with an AA in General Studies and an AS in Physical Therapy Assistant from Gulf Coast Community College. For three years I worked at an impatient hospital, helping patients recover from their injuries.  I have had the pleasure working with THERAPY1ONE for the last eight years.
Commitment to good health and physical well being has been important to me my entire life.  I grew up watching my mother deal with the side effects from childhood polio. I have always known I wanted to work with people, to help them overcome their injuries.  I am here to support, to teach and to guide you through your recovery.  I look forward to the future, helping bring the importance of exercising to every person I help.